Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove device from iCloud account

Trying to remove an iCloud account from an iPad. I hit the ‘ remove from account’ from the media and purchases area.. but it isn’t removed. Nothing has changed and now that notation ( remove device from account) is gone. What now?

I need to attach a new account for my son.

iPad

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 12:09 PM

If I understand correctly, you want to give your iPad to your son. is this correct?

If so, read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then you can remove the iPad from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then your son can sign in with his own Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2022 12:09 PM in response to ellisann

If I understand correctly, you want to give your iPad to your son. is this correct?

If so, read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then you can remove the iPad from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then your son can sign in with his own Apple ID.

Remove device from iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.