Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keynote - extended display

When using IPad Pro I want my iPad presentation on the screen for the participants to view, and the presenter display to show a customized view that allows only me too see slide notes. Surely if the iPad Pro is a pro device, and not a big glorified iPhone it should be able to do something as basic as this?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 25, 2022 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 2:10 AM

Use Play mode not Rehearse Slideshow:

If you use Rehearse Slideshow while an external display is connected, you'll see iPad's presenter display mirrored on the external display:

If you use Play mode you'll see the presenter display on iPad as above and the presentation on the external display:

You can customize the presenter display to your preference:

From Keynote User Guide for iPad:

Keynote User Guide for iPad

Play a presentation on a separate display in Keynote on iPad

Rehearse a Keynote presentation on iPad

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 15.5

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2022 2:10 AM in response to mark 777

Use Play mode not Rehearse Slideshow:

If you use Rehearse Slideshow while an external display is connected, you'll see iPad's presenter display mirrored on the external display:

If you use Play mode you'll see the presenter display on iPad as above and the presentation on the external display:

You can customize the presenter display to your preference:

From Keynote User Guide for iPad:

Keynote User Guide for iPad

Play a presentation on a separate display in Keynote on iPad

Rehearse a Keynote presentation on iPad

iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPadOS 15.5

iPad keynote - extended display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.