Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone fell into a bucket of water, got it fixed but the Face ID is still not working

The Face ID on my phone got disabled when my phone fell into a bucket of water. Took it to a reliable phone repairer to get it fixed. He fixed it but the Face ID was disabled. What can I do? I have also tried another technician but got no help with it

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 26, 2022 11:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 12:09 AM

Because the TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged. 

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, you can take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad.

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 12:09 AM in response to Melaninzoe

Because the TrueDepth camera contains lasers, which might be disabled for safety reasons if the device malfunctions or is damaged. 

1. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. If you still can't enroll your face or unlock your device with Face ID, you can take your device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support about your iPhone or your iPad.

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

My phone fell into a bucket of water, got it fixed but the Face ID is still not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.