Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make Library *permanently* visible in Finder's View Menu - how to ?

Hello,

On High Sierra I used a trick to make the Library Folder always visible on Finder's View Menu (without need to press the Option key). The trick was to open a Finder window and then on the View Menu select 'Show View Options' > Show Library Folder

Migrated from High Sierra to Monterey. Migration Assistant managed to transfer lots of things that I have not asked for. Some good some bad. Among the good the newly created User Account permanently shows the Library Folder in the View Menu. I have tried to show the Library Folder on the View Menu for my other User Accounts bit the option Show Library Folder is no longer in Show View Options.

I have also tried, with Terminal, to change the visibility flag of folder Library to nohidden. No effect, Library still does not show on the View Menu (except for the user account set-up by Migration Assistant).

My question : how do I make Library appear permanently on the View Menu of all my user accounts ?

Thanks in advance for any help available.

Regards,

Nunof

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 2:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 2:24 AM

The option to show the Library folder only appears if you are at the home folder.

So:

press Command-Shift-H to open your home folder; go to View->Show View Options (or press Command-J); check the box to show Library folder.

2 replies

Make Library *permanently* visible in Finder's View Menu - how to ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.