Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Bar on my MacBook gets very warm?

(reposting a similar question, have a similar issue) Hey. I have a 13inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and I’ve noticed above the touchbar and the area below the laptop where it is gets quite (VERY!) warm as soon as I turn it on and with not much use. IIs this normal to happen? I installed a temperature monitor (coconutBattery) and it says it can get up to 40*C. No issues with operation daily. I tried resetting everything to factor, did not make much of a difference. Is this something that could be bad for the laptop or is it normal? thanks1

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 9:52 AM

Fedes CC wrote:

Hi! I did both. The temperature now reads 36, and would say that feels a little less warm, but warm anyway. That's normal then?
Thanks!
Fede

Yes, Intel has always ran warm. Unless you are having other issues...

you can read through the HT—

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 9:52 AM in response to Fedes CC

Fedes CC wrote:

Hi! I did both. The temperature now reads 36, and would say that feels a little less warm, but warm anyway. That's normal then?
Thanks!
Fede

Yes, Intel has always ran warm. Unless you are having other issues...

you can read through the HT—

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

Jun 27, 2022 8:40 AM in response to Fedes CC

Fedes CC wrote:

(reposting a similar question, have a similar issue) Hey. I have a 13inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and I’ve noticed above the touchbar and the area below the laptop where it is gets quite (VERY!) warm as soon as I turn it on and with not much use. IIs this normal to happen? I installed a temperature monitor (coconutBattery) and it says it can get up to 40*C. No issues with operation daily. I tried resetting everything to factor, did not make much of a difference. Is this something that could be bad for the laptop or is it normal? thanks1

You do not say what exact 13" MBP w/touchbar...

Intel Mac does get warm above the touchbar, this is normal.

You can always reset the SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

and

reset NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

and compare your results.

Touch Bar on my MacBook gets very warm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.