Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With new Apple Music app (and Monterey OS), I can no longer sync my iphone to songs that are stored on my NAS. The sync menu only shows songs ripped in the last month. Will iTunes Match solve this? I already subscribe to Apple Music.

I have a pretty large collection of songs that I’ve ripped from my cd collection sitting on a Network Attached Server. It always used to be pretty simple to synch my (or Pat’s) iPhone and choose songs to add to it so that I can listen when my phone is off-line. Now with the new OS and Apple Music (instead of iTunes) when I go to synch the phone (in finder now) it only shows a small fraction of my collection (the cd’s I just ripped last month) everything else is not available. I can see that the songs are there (in finder), but the synching protocol won’t show it. Plus, when I go to simply play one of my tunes on Apple Music, many of the songs are greyed out, but that’s a different issue, I think..

I’ve done a lot of searching for the answer to this synch problem and it seems I have to now pay Apple $25 per year for an app called “iTunes Match” and that will unlock all of my own music. Is that really true? Do any of you have advice for me? Is there a simpler/cheaper way? I already pay Apple $10 per month for Apple Music, but that seems more like part of the problem than part of the solution. Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 11:21 PM

Hi,

You don’t need a separate iTunes Match subscription as its features are included in Apple Music. Read this Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music – Apple Support (UK)

Jim

Similar questions

2 replies

With new Apple Music app (and Monterey OS), I can no longer sync my iphone to songs that are stored on my NAS. The sync menu only shows songs ripped in the last month. Will iTunes Match solve this? I already subscribe to Apple Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.