Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SiriusXM App for iPad Air

Does the SiriusXM app for iPad Air Gen1 actually work?

My iPad Air is running highest IOS that it can (12.5.5). So when I tried to download the SiriusXM app it said that "it requires 14.0 or better, would I like to download an older version". Well I did, but it will not work. At least when I try to login to my account it won't do it and just pops a message at the bottom that says: Sorry we have experienced a technical issue. Please login again. So basically a continuous loop of not working.

I called tech support at Sirius and got nowhere. They try to blame it on the device, since I can get the app to work on both of my iPhones. I suggest that they remove any nonfunctioning apps from the Apple app store.

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 4:59 PM

Sorry, but the SiriusXM app requires a device capable of running iPadOS 14 or higher. You have a 9 year old first generation iPad Air, which is now too old and too underpowered to run iPad OS 14 or above.

If you want this as well as many many other modern apps, it is now time to retire your obsolete iPad in favor of a newer, more modern iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2022 4:59 PM in response to Greg Weir

Sorry, but the SiriusXM app requires a device capable of running iPadOS 14 or higher. You have a 9 year old first generation iPad Air, which is now too old and too underpowered to run iPad OS 14 or above.

If you want this as well as many many other modern apps, it is now time to retire your obsolete iPad in favor of a newer, more modern iPad.

Jun 27, 2022 6:42 PM in response to Greg Weir

Great. They gave you an older version, which doesn't work, so not much benefit to you. Likely because they, along with just about every other app developer long ago stopped supported apps for obsolete devices. That said, it's not an Apple product. If it is possible to get it running on your iPad, you'll need to get support from them, not Apple. Apple has absolutely no control over their app or the code in their app.

Work hard and save your money and buy one yourself.

SiriusXM App for iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.