Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of solveyourtech.com?

solveyourtech.com inserts itself when I open a bookmark folder in new tabs. This started recently. There is no solveyourtech.com in my bookmarks. It is a very annoying intruder.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:35 AM

jeffreythefrog nailed it:

Unwanted tab in Safari - always present - Apple Community

When you mentioned the "leftmost tab" it all made sense. The clue is right there in your screenshot, but I missed it:

8 replies

Jun 27, 2022 7:43 PM in response to Gil Woolley

I understand opening a new bookmark folder is loading a webpage contrary to your desired settings in Safari's Preferences.

If that is correct, please read Removing "Search Marquis" / "Search Baron" / etc on your own - Apple Community. If you have reason to believe it describes what's occurring (despite the obvious name differences), reply to this Discussion and include the three screenshots according to those instructions.

Jun 28, 2022 7:27 AM in response to John Galt

John, fabulous article. Instructions very easy to follow - I think if I've done it right.

I don't think my problem is exactly the same.

I created a folder long ago with7 news websites within it. I use Safari's open in new tabs to open all the sites at once and read the news selectively according to my interests.

Recently when I've opened the Open in New Tabs, the first thing showing is this Solve… web page followed by the news sites. For the purpose of this test, I changed the 7 web sites to only 2 ebay sites but my screenshot is labeled solveyourtech.jpg.

I will put in your three screenshots followed by the undesired website screenshot.

Jun 28, 2022 7:56 AM in response to Gil Woolley

John Galt. I've just noticed that the solveyourtech tab appears even when I am opening a single website. I've done a screenshot just after closing Safari and then opening it and opening only this page. That little blue S at the top left of the screenshot shows that it has inserted itself into Safari for probably anything that I open.

I have opened Safari Preferences and see the solveyourtech web site in many Preferences/Websites

Reader

Content Blockers

Autoplay

Page Zoom

Camera

Microphone

Screen Sharing

Downloads

PopUp windows

I tried to remove solveyourtech on these but since it is at the first tab position, it appears in many of these.

I would love to remove Safari and reinstall it but don't know how.

Jun 28, 2022 7:34 AM in response to Gil Woolley

John Galt, I should add the note that I've created the same tab within Chrome and the solveyourtech page does not occur using Chrome browser. It is the Safari browser exhibiting this problem.

Another experiment I did was create a tab in Safari and then add fresh bookmarks for the 7 news sites and save that into the just created tab and that tab also exhibited the solveyourtech web site ahead of the 7 news tabs.

Jun 28, 2022 9:31 AM in response to Gil Woolley

Thanks for all that additional investigation. I agree it's a different problem than what I initially suspected, and is going to require some more thought. Apparently it's limited to Safari, which will certainly help isolate the underlying cause.

I'll be traveling and and out of position to provide further assistance for at least a day, so in the meantime if you want to post a brand new Discussion it may elicit additional interest. Questions with no replies tend to get more attention. I'll keep an eye out for it.

How do I get rid of solveyourtech.com?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.