Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD A1430

I brought my IPad from a 2nd hand cell shop. There is a activation lock on it. I have tried to get a hold of the old owner. No luck. Tried various ways on Google to get this off, but get told it doesn't support this IOS 5.1. Please can someone help me out.

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 6:36 PM

2 replies

Jun 27, 2022 7:03 PM in response to Gailvds

If the owner who locked the iPad can't be found or won't remove the lock, you are the proud owner of a useless iPad. Apple will not remove the lock. We can't help you remove the lock. If you can get your money back, do so. If you can't get a refund, recycle the iPad responsibly.

Read this --> The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Ps: If this iPad is model A1430, it's a very old iPad (iPad 3rd generation, which was released in 2012, 10 years ago now), which is now so old, it's virtually useless, even if you could get past Activation Lock. Being over 10 years old, virtually no modern Apps will run on such an obsolete device. Sadly, this was not a very good purchase.

IPAD A1430

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.