Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri Not Responding Vocally

Problem: Siri not responding vocally

iPhone: 13 Pro

iOS: 15.5

It’s NOT that Siri isn’t working or even responding. It’s that they do not VERBALLY respond.

My volume is on, my silence switch is off and it happens randomly because Siri will respond verbally and then an hour or so later, I ask Siri a question and I get no verbal response, ONLY written.

I haven’t changed a single setting and so far the ONLY way to get Siri to respond vocally again is by powering my phone off and back on.

This is VERY annoying as I rely on Siri to speak out loud especially when I’m feeding them questions to answer and I don’t have my phone In hand to read.

this just started happening shortly after iOS 15.5 update. I can’t find anyone else talking about this particular issue either so I can’t say if it’s a bug or not…

Can someone from Apple please look into this and fix it???

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2022 9:28 PM

Settings > General > Accessibility > Siri > Type to Siri [Disable]

You may also look into this for more help --> If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

1 reply

Siri Not Responding Vocally

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.