Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD locked

I have an ipad mini and have forgotten my apple ID and password. Also cannot recall the answers to the security questions that we setup. I was informed the apple I'd was setup and if I use the forgotten password option if will only send the link to the icloid account so there is a floor in the process and how this is managed. I sent the proof of purchase via email as requested but there is still no help. I did set up a call with your support team after chatting but could not attend due to other priorities and requested a reschedule but no one has responded back. The may have sent an email to my icloud account which I don't have external access to. So this is never ending loop I cannot get out off. The support for this is just so frustrating. I also heard from a colleague that he also had the same issue with a new iPhone where copied restored it from his old phone. What is going on at apple, I'm sure there must be a simpler way to reset an I'd once proof of purchase is provided or an associated email address and phone number updated so that the reset process works.

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 3:51 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 28, 2022 9:40 AM in response to Henna_UK

See if you can recover the ID/password. An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  

Apple ID - Find  -     

Other ways to find your Apple ID

You can check to see if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or check to see if you're signed in to iTunes for Windows on a PC. You can also go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if your Apple ID prefills on the sign-in screen.   

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

For the security questions, if you are being told there isn't enough information to reset them, contact Apple ID Support.

If you don't know the answers, if the steps in the article below don’t work, contact Apple ID Support, although based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

Apple ID - If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions.      *

From the article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID.    *

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  * (Link doesn't always load)  

Get Support   - Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support schedule phone call. -

Apple on Twitter

IPAD locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.