Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access website

Suddenly, I cannot access one website. I can't access it from Safari on my Mac, nor iPad, nor iPhone. When offsite, I can access it from my phone via cell service. I tried to access via Firefox on my Mac as well as Safari. The site is fine according to the owner. I have deleted cookies, deleted the cache from this site, cleared my history, etc on each device. Still cannot access one important website from my apple products.

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 9:23 AM

In that case it is possible your Internet service provider is unable to resolve an address for that website. In simple terms, that means doesn't know to deliver the website you are asking it to deliver. That in itself is something you cannot fix.

Assuming that is in fact the problem, the following excerpt from Specify a DNS server on Mac - Apple Support explains it (emphasis added):

"If you get a message such as "server not found" when you try to visit a website, your computer may be unable to contact a DNS server. If you selected a DNS server manually, you may have entered the wrong DNS server address, or your DNS server may be having problems."

It also suggests a solution, which is to specify a different DNS address than what your ISP is using. For a list of public DNS Servers, try this: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+dns+servers&t=brave&ia=answer&iax=answer

Try the first suggestions in the list: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for no other reason that those numbers are easy to remember, and to type.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 9:23 AM in response to Wendy1010

In that case it is possible your Internet service provider is unable to resolve an address for that website. In simple terms, that means doesn't know to deliver the website you are asking it to deliver. That in itself is something you cannot fix.

Assuming that is in fact the problem, the following excerpt from Specify a DNS server on Mac - Apple Support explains it (emphasis added):

"If you get a message such as "server not found" when you try to visit a website, your computer may be unable to contact a DNS server. If you selected a DNS server manually, you may have entered the wrong DNS server address, or your DNS server may be having problems."

It also suggests a solution, which is to specify a different DNS address than what your ISP is using. For a list of public DNS Servers, try this: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=free+dns+servers&t=brave&ia=answer&iax=answer

Try the first suggestions in the list: 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 for no other reason that those numbers are easy to remember, and to type.

Cannot access website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.