Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Alias Still Being Used

I have an Email address in Mail (call it account 1) that I setup deliberately to use as an alias for a different account (call this account 2) that was not available on an Exchange, so I could send and receive using my account 1 but it looked like I was using account 2.

Everything worked fine on all devices - computers, phones and tablets.

Then recently, the address 2 became available as an Exchange account, so I connected to it natively and deleted the alias for account 2 that was tied to account 1.

Now, I still have account 1 and now also have account 2, but on all devices any incoming Emails to account 2 still divert into account 1 even though I have deleted the alias from account 1.

Am I missing a trick here in the settings maybe? Is there some kind of cache in Mail that can be reset maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 11:39 AM

Hey there Sewer Sleuth,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, although you've removed the account as an alias, by chance do you have any rules set up for incoming emails that may be rerouting the emails to the account that was set up as an alias? For help with checking that, take a look at this link here: Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know what you find, and we'll continue from there.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 11:39 AM in response to Sewer Sleuth

Hey there Sewer Sleuth,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, although you've removed the account as an alias, by chance do you have any rules set up for incoming emails that may be rerouting the emails to the account that was set up as an alias? For help with checking that, take a look at this link here: Use rules to manage emails you receive in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Let us know what you find, and we'll continue from there.

Take care!

Deleted Alias Still Being Used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.