You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I save iMovie project to iCloud, then upload to facebook can i then attach computer to projector to view

need to show a ten minute movie of mostly photos, essentially a slideshow, via a projector. What is best app to use. I have lightroom mobile and classic and iMovie and rush. Drawbacks to all. Need simple solution. Recommendations ?

iMac Pro

Posted on Jun 28, 2022 3:59 PM

2 replies

Jun 29, 2022 10:02 AM in response to capecodKathy

That would be something that you would need to experiment for yourself. Open Facebook and see if you can project any video that is displayed there. If you can project a video, then you should be able to project whatever video that you upload to Facebook by any means.

When you refer to an "iMovie project" I assume that you mean a movie that has been exported from an iMovie project. An iMovie project in editable form cannot be saved to the cloud.

I would eliminate the extra step of saving to the cloud and just upload your movie to Facebook in the normal way.

-- Rich

Jun 29, 2022 10:18 AM in response to Rich839

Further to my previous post: As for what app to use for your slideshow, iMovie would be fine. I am not familiar with the others that you mention. With iMovie, you would import your photos into a project, set the durations that you want, add titles and transitions, and finally the music. Then export the slideshow project as a movie. Because iMovie is a movie editing app, you have lots of options for adding effects, overlays, green screen, sound effects, ken burns effect, etc. Of course, as with any app it requires some familiarity with its functions.

For a really simple solution, you can create your slideshow in the Photos app and export it to your desktop as a movie.

-- Rich

If I save iMovie project to iCloud, then upload to facebook can i then attach computer to projector to view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.