Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Blue Folder Color

How can I change the entire standard blue folder color to another color. I am not talking about labeling with a colored circle. I'm MacOS Monterey 12.4. Thank you.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2022 2:03 PM

the article linked explains it perfectly.

but you are not limited just to different coloured folders. you can also go to Iconarchive.com to find icons and use the steps in the previous article and change the folders to images that are even easier to distinguish between each other than just different coloured folders.

and you can also use the same steps in the article to change the app "squircles" into custom icons as well.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2022 2:03 PM in response to GravityRabbit

the article linked explains it perfectly.

but you are not limited just to different coloured folders. you can also go to Iconarchive.com to find icons and use the steps in the previous article and change the folders to images that are even easier to distinguish between each other than just different coloured folders.

and you can also use the same steps in the article to change the app "squircles" into custom icons as well.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Changing Blue Folder Color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.