Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote access due to stolen imei and personal info from Ex

is it possible to stop remote access from an ex who took my Authenticators while I was asleep. Also got my imei number off my phone box and already knew my social. Has been taking every email account I have. With the remote access to my phone through iTunes and safari, it seems there is a remotely installed code through Mozilla Firefox that is remotely linked to every app I have on my phone. I understand there is very obvious answers to this problem. (Don’t trust your wife, don’t let her into your phone blah blah) but is there any way to record/log the info related to who and where the culprits are that are logging into my accounts? Any way to find the information connected to these remotely logged in thieves? I am having such an awful time keeping my accounts in my possession and I am having so much of my hard earned investments/assets taken without my permission. I know I need to go to the authorities and have. I am truly just looking for answers on how to catch these people so I can take factual data to the authorities and have A case against these criminals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2022 10:36 PM

Regarding your online accounts, I recommend you change all your passwords while you still can. However, only having an IMEI number does not allow remote access of any device, especially not iPhones.

If still don't feel safe, you could wipe and reset your phone, but restoring from any backup wouldn't be much help unless it was from before the event - How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

See who has access to your device or accounts - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2022 10:36 PM in response to AySherIntel

Regarding your online accounts, I recommend you change all your passwords while you still can. However, only having an IMEI number does not allow remote access of any device, especially not iPhones.

If still don't feel safe, you could wipe and reset your phone, but restoring from any backup wouldn't be much help unless it was from before the event - How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

See who has access to your device or accounts - Apple Support

Remote access due to stolen imei and personal info from Ex

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.