Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

R T Y U I O stopped working, unless all 6 keys pressed repeatedly

Macbook pro (13-in Mid-2012) High Serria 10.13.6 : Many articles written about this issue and I am still not sure how to get this fixed. The other articles were for models a bit older, yet there did niyiuiy not seem to be any consensus of whether it is hardware or software.

I also have the strange choice of multyuiple choices yiuo of the letters pppng piuo up.... as I am typing this, tuyituyi the problem is happening again. Yap, the letter 'i' gives me 6 choices and I do nt have sticky keys enabled.

The suggestion in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6382748?answerId=27783909022#27783909022 about clicking on and off the Mouse & Trackpad settings in ACCESSIBILITY wrked fr a whle.

yiyuiou I did notice over the past year that this problem of rtyityuio started with updates from Whatsapp on my Macbook, then with the next update it would get fixed and all fine until the next update from them... and on and on... I have removed that, but sttyuituyi still have this issue.

I would also like to add that when I tried to tick the box "helpful" in the article, it was greyed out. Thanks to you all for such clever and detyui determined approaches.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 7:47 AM

Larry275a wrote:

Macbook pro (13-in Mid-2012) High Serria 10.13.6 : Many articles written about this issue and I am still not sure how to get this fixed. The other articles were for models a bit older, yet there did niyiuiy not seem to be any consensus of whether it is hardware or software.

I also have the strange choice of multyuiple choices yiuo of the letters pppng piuo up.... as I am typing this, tuyituyi the problem is happening again. Yap, the letter 'i' gives me 6 choices and I do nt have sticky keys enabled.

The suggestion in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6382748?answerId=27783909022#27783909022 about clicking on and off the Mouse & Trackpad settings in ACCESSIBILITY wrked fr a whle.

yiyuiou I did notice over the past year that this problem of rtyityuio started with updates from Whatsapp on my Macbook, then with the next update it would get fixed and all fine until the next update from them... and on and on... I have removed that, but sttyuituyi still have this issue.

I would also like to add that when I tried to tick the box "helpful" in the article, it was greyed out. Thanks to you all for such clever and detyui determined approaches.

Sounds like a hardware issue

Typically a straight line of keys, or keys associated on a diagonal, or isolated keys indicates a hardware issue.

The keyboard is a complex of 5 layers of mylar® and associated traces—not repairable. The resolve is replace the keyboard.

Verify no "Alternate Control Methods" keys got turned on

Change Alternate Control Methods preferences for accessibility on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Try plugging in an external keyboard and compare your results..

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 7:47 AM in response to Larry275a

Larry275a wrote:

Sounds like a hardware issue

Typically a straight line of keys, or keys associated on a diagonal, or isolated keys indicates a hardware issue.

The keyboard is a complex of 5 layers of mylar® and associated traces—not repairable. The resolve is replace the keyboard.

Verify no "Alternate Control Methods" keys got turned on

Change Alternate Control Methods preferences for accessibility on Mac – Apple Support (AU)

Try plugging in an external keyboard and compare your results..

R T Y U I O stopped working, unless all 6 keys pressed repeatedly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.