Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control Home accesorios from Apple TV as guest

I’m a guest in my partners Home app (his Apple ID) as that’s where we configured all the accessories. I’ve bought a second Apple TV (my Apple ID) and I’d like to know if there’s a way to see the accessories on my Apple TV without him becoming a user on my Apple TV.

my Apple TV defaults to my own personal HomeKit home which has no accessories and there’s no option to choose between homes I have access to on my iPhone.

I would have thought that since I can change between homes on my iPhone, I could do the same on my Apple TV but I can’t see an option.

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 9:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 4:53 PM

Hey Stphnlgn, as far as I’m aware you would need your partners Apple ID on your Apple TV simply because the “Home” was set up with his ID in the first place. As you’ve said you are able to access the Home settings via your phone because another iPhone can be invited to a Home but that is not a feature of the Apple TV. The support page here states that it has the be the same Apple ID. Use tvOS Control Centre on Apple TV – Apple Support (UK)

Kind regards

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 4:53 PM in response to Stphnlgn

Hey Stphnlgn, as far as I’m aware you would need your partners Apple ID on your Apple TV simply because the “Home” was set up with his ID in the first place. As you’ve said you are able to access the Home settings via your phone because another iPhone can be invited to a Home but that is not a feature of the Apple TV. The support page here states that it has the be the same Apple ID. Use tvOS Control Centre on Apple TV – Apple Support (UK)

Kind regards

Control Home accesorios from Apple TV as guest

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.