Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPod Pros make humming sound while in noise cancellation mode

I hear a humming noise in left airpod pro while in noise cancellation or transparency mode but not “off”mode

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 10:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2022 10:28 PM

MPW925 Said:

"AirPod Pros make humming sound while in noise cancellation mode: I hear a humming noise in left airpod pro while in noise cancellation or transparency mode but not 'off' mode"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Audio:

Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2022 10:28 PM in response to MPW925

MPW925 Said:

"AirPod Pros make humming sound while in noise cancellation mode: I hear a humming noise in left airpod pro while in noise cancellation or transparency mode but not 'off' mode"

-------

Troubleshooting AirPods Audio:

Interference:

It may be interference that getting in the way here. 

Some Links in Regards to Interference:

Jul 4, 2022 4:24 PM in response to MPW925

MPW925 Said:

"AirPod Pros make humming sound while in noise cancellation mode: I hear a humming noise in left airpod pro while in noise cancellation or transparency mode but not 'off' mode: That did not solve the problem."

-------

Thank you for the update.

Try on a Different Device:

What happens when you performs this on a different device than this/these that you are having this issue with? If you don't get the error, then it is an issue with connection between the device and the AirPods connection. If so, it may be a full device, in which case it is time for new ones. So, ask Apple if they'll swap it out.

Apple Contact Info:

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there, as necessary
  • Why the Wait: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

AirPod Pros make humming sound while in noise cancellation mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.