Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Storage not syncing - Apple Support No Help

I erased my HD and did a CLEAN install of MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 on my 2013 iMac. After doing this, none of my files from iCloud Drive are syncing or available. I've made sure that iCloud Storage is turned on, and Desktop and Documents is enabled.

I turned on the same exact items on my 2010 iMac using High Sierra and all my files loaded instantly. It has been over 24 hours since my clean install.

Then I turned iCloud off and then back on (and stopped the sync warning message) on my 2010 imac. All my files were removed from the desktop and turning it back on no longer instantly loads them. If I log out of my user account and log in with my wife's user account (Both use the same AppleID) the desktop files are available. I'm at a complete loss!

Apple support has been less than helpful since this is a "classic" or legacy machine there isnt many options available other than take it to a technician (why its obviously a software issue?).

Any and all help appreciated.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 12:12 PM

So suddenly everything just appeared. I turned off syncing of photos (which I think would have made it take WAY longer than it already did) and it just took a LONG time to sync. I have 2TB storage but not using all of it.

Similar questions

1 reply

iCloud Storage not syncing - Apple Support No Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.