Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On a MacBook Pro with the Monterey OS, what are all the ways to bring a running application panel to the front or send one to the back behind other panels?

On a MacBook Pro with the Monterey OS, what are all the ways to see and arrange the position of running application panels using short-cut keys and the Force Touch Trackpad?

I've performed a screen capture (shift-command-5) and now my captured image is locked in front of my other open panels, and it won't move.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2022 5:39 PM

You were correct about how to finish the capture, but after the capture was made, a thumbnail was presented in the bottom right of the main screen. After I clicked upon that thumbnail, that's when the image went in front of everything and wouldn't move.

Eventually I noticed that I was in an image editor, and at the top left-hand corner there was a tiny circle, which started the process of closing that window, and asked a few questions. It was disappointing that this particular app didn't present the usual red, orange and green circle buttons.

The thing that made this even more frustrating was that when I used the Mission Control feature on the F3 key, that this editor wasn't in its own window, it was glued to the front of the Safari Browser and wouldn't separate from it, so clicking upon that panel, just brought me back to the same point.

But like I said, I was able to close the image editor and now all is well.

Thanks for your quick response, though.

On another note, it was really wild setting up the MacBook to be accessible with Google Chrome Remote Desktop, but after installing Rosetta, all was well.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2022 5:39 PM in response to tjk

You were correct about how to finish the capture, but after the capture was made, a thumbnail was presented in the bottom right of the main screen. After I clicked upon that thumbnail, that's when the image went in front of everything and wouldn't move.

Eventually I noticed that I was in an image editor, and at the top left-hand corner there was a tiny circle, which started the process of closing that window, and asked a few questions. It was disappointing that this particular app didn't present the usual red, orange and green circle buttons.

The thing that made this even more frustrating was that when I used the Mission Control feature on the F3 key, that this editor wasn't in its own window, it was glued to the front of the Safari Browser and wouldn't separate from it, so clicking upon that panel, just brought me back to the same point.

But like I said, I was able to close the image editor and now all is well.

Thanks for your quick response, though.

On another note, it was really wild setting up the MacBook to be accessible with Google Chrome Remote Desktop, but after installing Rosetta, all was well.

Jul 1, 2022 3:38 PM in response to NewAppleUserGuy

NewAppleUserGuy wrote:

I've performed a screen capture (shift-command-5) and now my captured image is locked in front of my other open panels, and it won't move.

Hi,

That doesn't "capture" anything, it just brings up the options. Simply choose one of the options to complete the capture, or click the X in the bar below the selected area to close it out.

On a MacBook Pro with the Monterey OS, what are all the ways to bring a running application panel to the front or send one to the back behind other panels?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.