Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sort photo albums by alphabetical order

I name my photo albums by the date the photos were created so that everything is easy to find by year and month. But the albums are displayed in the order that they were created (which is different because sometimes I create an album from photos few years old and sometimes from photos a few months old)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 9:44 PM

In Photos for Mac it should look like this, when you ctrl-click "my Albums" in the sidebar (sorry, my Mac is currently set to use German as the primary language):

Photos at www.icloud.com is more limited - it is more an emergency access to your photos, when you are not able to use the Photos.app on one of your Apple devices. To make it easier to find your photos at on your iCloud webpage, you may want to structure your list of albums with folders and subfolders. if each subfolder is holding only a few albums, you can find them at a glance, without having to scroll a long list of albums. This way you can easily manage thousands of albums, even at www.icloud.com

For example - I have grouped my travel albums in folder for ten years, subfolders for each year, and albums for each major event in each yearly folder: It takes just a few clicks to drill down trough the folders to the album I want.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2022 9:44 PM in response to suparna193

In Photos for Mac it should look like this, when you ctrl-click "my Albums" in the sidebar (sorry, my Mac is currently set to use German as the primary language):

Photos at www.icloud.com is more limited - it is more an emergency access to your photos, when you are not able to use the Photos.app on one of your Apple devices. To make it easier to find your photos at on your iCloud webpage, you may want to structure your list of albums with folders and subfolders. if each subfolder is holding only a few albums, you can find them at a glance, without having to scroll a long list of albums. This way you can easily manage thousands of albums, even at www.icloud.com

For example - I have grouped my travel albums in folder for ten years, subfolders for each year, and albums for each major event in each yearly folder: It takes just a few clicks to drill down trough the folders to the album I want.

How do I sort photo albums by alphabetical order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.