Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

picture in picture

so if i need to watch a video like youtube while gaming on an iphone, how do i use it? i tried exiting out of youtube but picture in picture doesnt work. it works for facetime PIP though

Posted on Jul 2, 2022 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 12:22 AM

Hey there,

you have to be YouTube Premium membership!

From YouTube support:

Picture-in-picture (PiP) lets you watch videos while using other apps on your mobile device. You can use PiP to watch all videos that are currently free of charge, with a YouTube Premium membership. If you don’t have YouTube Premium and you’re in the US, you can still use PiP, but you can’t watch certain videos, like music videos. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 12:22 AM in response to angelc1294

Hey there,

you have to be YouTube Premium membership!

From YouTube support:

Picture-in-picture (PiP) lets you watch videos while using other apps on your mobile device. You can use PiP to watch all videos that are currently free of charge, with a YouTube Premium membership. If you don’t have YouTube Premium and you’re in the US, you can still use PiP, but you can’t watch certain videos, like music videos. 

picture in picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.