Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook won’t go past login page.

It started with the Touch Bar screen not showing up, even though the Touch Bar was responsive and working fine– I just couldn’t see what it was showing. To try and fix it, I restarted the computer. When it got to the login page, I typed my password and pressed Enter and the login progress bar came up but it stopped at a point and it wouldn’t continue, even after an hour.

So then I decided to use online forums, particularly “How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility – Apple Support (UK) “ to try and fix the computer. I went into recovery mode and used Disk Utility. In the Disk Utility app, I realized the ‘Data’ volume under ‘Container disk3’ under Internal was shaded grey.

I followed the instructions on the link above, which was to repair the individual volumes. As soon I ran first aid on ‘Macintosh HD’, it returned as the blue(indicating to me that it was fixed). On seeing that, I thought that the problem was solved. So I clicked on the Apple button then the restart option, but the screen(and in fact the whole computer) froze and after a few minutes, a solid pink light was shown across the whole screen and the Apple logo came up. And after typing the password, it was still stuck on the login page.

I returned to Recovery Mode again because I thought the ‘Data’ volume was the problem. I, then, deleted it. But now, whenever I try to boot up, it gets stuck on the Apple logo.

I also tried to install a new version of Mac OS Monterey on it, but whenever I do that, after about 20 minutes, the computer freezes and becomes unresponsive. (Even if I unplug the charger, it doesn’t show up nor make the sound)

Additional Things I have noticed

1. I realized whenever I turn off or start up the computer, I see solid colors of white filling the Touch Bar screen.

I don’t know what to do, and I am not near any Apple Store currently.

About my device - I use 2020 M1 MacBook Pro with 256Gb of SSD and 8Gb of RAM.

MacBook Pro 13″, 12.2

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 10:02 AM

kwasi193 wrote:

It started with the Touch Bar screen not showing up, even though the Touch Bar was responsive and working fine– I just couldn’t see what it was showing. To try and fix it, I restarted the computer. When it got to the login page, I typed my password and pressed Enter and the login progress bar came up but it stopped at a point and it wouldn’t continue, even after an hour.

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2022 10:02 AM in response to kwasi193

kwasi193 wrote:

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Jul 3, 2022 9:49 AM in response to kwasi193

Give Apple Support a call and see if they can help via the on line tools and log on's they have.

Get Support – Apple

Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or online Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

My MacBook won’t go past login page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.