Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac apps not showing in Mac App Store under my AppleID

I'm in the process of setting up a new Mac. I used Apple Migration Assistant to transfer one account and system files from a Time Machine backup on an external drive. I had two accounts on the old computer, both set up as admin. Also, I use one AppleID for iCloud and another for Media & Purchases.

After some time the files were transferred. Looked good, except when I went to install purchased apps. None appeared in the Mac App Store when I clicked on my name, lower left. Logged into the store with the correct AppleID. Logging into Books with that AppleID worked as expected. Logging into Music with that AppleID I could see my purchase history.

I've had a couple of sessions with Apple Tech Support via chat. One advisor suggested creating another test user and see if that works. It did. I could see purchased apps and even download them to the new computer. I had to start a new chat session as that resulted in a computer restart. The next advisor suggested that I transfer 'all my files' to the test account. I wasn't sure about account name or file permissions etc. so I stopped part way through that discussion.

I haven't found much that is recent about this problem. I've thought I could delete the problem account, starting over, and maybe copy files across but settings and mail could be a problem. Plus, it could take over 12 hours for the transfer.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? The new Mac is an M1. I have a feeling there is switch or plist to toggle or delete. ;-)

Thanks. David

Mac Studio

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:18 PM

Another update.

After playing with the computer, upgrading and downloading it appears that I can see clearly now...at least all the purchased apps in this account. My hope was that it might fix itself ;-). One of the downloads must have triggered the right toggle.

Issued resolved, I hope.

Now I can enjoy my new machine.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2022 4:18 PM in response to David Bourne

Another update.

After playing with the computer, upgrading and downloading it appears that I can see clearly now...at least all the purchased apps in this account. My hope was that it might fix itself ;-). One of the downloads must have triggered the right toggle.

Issued resolved, I hope.

Now I can enjoy my new machine.

Jul 3, 2022 12:06 PM in response to David Bourne

David Bourne wrote:

I'm in the process of setting up a new Mac. I used Apple Migration Assistant to transfer one account and system files from a Time Machine backup on an external drive. I had two accounts on the old computer, both set up as admin. Also, I use one AppleID for iCloud and another for Media & Purchases.

After some time the files were transferred. Looked good, except when I went to install purchased apps. None appeared in the Mac App Store when I clicked on my name, lower left. Logged into the store with the correct AppleID. Logging into Books with that AppleID worked as expected. Logging into Music with that AppleID I could see my purchase history.

I've had a couple of sessions with Apple Tech Support via chat. One advisor suggested creating another test user and see if that works. It did. I could see purchased apps and even download them to the new computer. I had to start a new chat session as that resulted in a computer restart. The next advisor suggested that I transfer 'all my files' to the test account. I wasn't sure about account name or file permissions etc. so I stopped part way through that discussion.

I haven't found much that is recent about this problem. I've thought I could delete the problem account, starting over, and maybe copy files across but settings and mail could be a problem. Plus, it could take over 12 hours for the transfer.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? The new Mac is an M1. I have a feeling there is switch or plist to toggle or delete. ;-)

Thanks. David

What exact apps?

The new Mac is an M1— what was the old Mac and the old macOS....(?)

32 bit apps will not load and run since macOS Mojave

ref

32-bit app compatibility ...

Mac apps not showing in Mac App Store under my AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.