Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhone 13 support unpowered SD card reader

I have an unpowered micro-SD card reader. It used to work fine on my iPhone 11 and it still works with my 9.7” 5th Gen iPad. I have not been able to get it to work with my iPhone 13 pro.

I read somewhere that beginning with iPhone 12, the lightning port no longer provides USB power through lightning port. If true, that explains my problem, question is, will a powered SD card reader work with my iPhone 13 pro?

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 2:13 PM

Problem resolved. Ordered an SD reader that’s similar to Apple and it works with my iPhone 13 pro. My original reader still works with my iPad and iOS 15.5 so maybe something changed with iOS to render my old reader inoperable on my iPhone 13 pro🤷🏻‍♂️

4 replies

Jul 5, 2022 11:49 AM in response to MacFanForever

Found this post in discussion mentioning iPhone 12/13 no longer providing device power out via lightning connector. In this case user was able to confirm with Sandisk device that has a power led. Still no Apple documentation this is case but my experience indicates this to be true.

iPhone13 pro USB flash not seen in files … - Apple Community

Does iPhone 13 support unpowered SD card reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.