Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers will not open a Numbers file on Google Drive

Numbers will not open a Numbers file on Google Drive. I last save it 8th June. What could have happened and what can I do?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 3, 2022 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 7:06 AM

I recommend saving on iCloud Drive instead of Google Drive.

If you must use Google Drive then you might try experimenting with the file format at File > Advanced > Change File Type to see if that works better.

SG

3 replies

Jul 4, 2022 3:57 PM in response to zinifaz

First, I think you should choose which platform you intend to use most often for the document. If you are collaborating with others using google docs, then you should probably continue using GoogDocs going forward.

If you want to migrate from GoogDocs to Apple Numbers, then:

1) export the GoogDoc and download the document OR

2) copy the content from the GoogDoc to a new Numbers doc and save on your computer.

3) other options are also possible

If you share a little more of what you are trying to do it will help in framing a proper answer

Numbers will not open a Numbers file on Google Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.