Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS 12.3 Breaks My Wifi

Updated to 12.3 the other day.

Using the m1max macbook pro.

Wifi became completely unstable.

Running a speed test by ookla:

• The wifi would connect
  • Run at normal speed for 5 or so seconds
  • Then drastically drop in large steps until it sat at around 2Mbps.

Did all the router reset tests. Also trashed wifi / airport prefs.

None of my other devices had problems.

The laptop remained in the exact same position it is always in when I'm using it.

Restored the macbook to a backup with 12.0.

Wifi works as normal...

Please fix asap.

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 12:58 AM

serversnake Said:

"Mac OS 12.3 Breaks My Wifi: Updated to 12.3 the other day. Using the m1max macbook pro. Wifi became completely unstable. [...]Restored the macbook to a backup with 12.0.: Wifi works as normal..."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of this update occurrence. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: that this all started after an update. Include the URL of this post in your port.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2022 12:58 AM in response to serversnake

serversnake Said:

"Mac OS 12.3 Breaks My Wifi: Updated to 12.3 the other day. Using the m1max macbook pro. Wifi became completely unstable. [...]Restored the macbook to a backup with 12.0.: Wifi works as normal..."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Inform Apple of this update occurrence. Apple wont get back to you directly, but the more feedback thy receive from its users, the more likely they will know what needs to be fixed.

1. Go Here: Feedback - macOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Select: "Software/Firmware Update" for the "Feedback Area"
  4. Comment: that this all started after an update. Include the URL of this post in your port.
  5. Proceed from there as necessary.

Jul 9, 2022 9:34 AM in response to serversnake

I'd suggest that you get a WiFi scanner for your phone and then search the WiFi channels being used by your neighbors. WiFi routers typically come configured for a common channel which means that your neighbor(s) could be using the same channel. This is like a party line (only old people will know about this LOL) where everyone is trying to talk over the same line. Your router has to deal with competition from your neighbors and this can kill your speed. Google for tips on selecting the right WiFi channel on your router to see if that could be your problem. Moving your WiFi channel to one with less interference can greatly speed up the transfer rate and minimize retransmissions when collisions occur.

Mac OS 12.3 Breaks My Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.