📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Private relay not forwarding emails

I am having an issue where I am trying to set up and account using AppledID. The app wants to verify my email address, but I never get the verification email. This isn’t the first time this has happened.

My appleID email routes to a google suite email address with a custom domain. I can’t see the mails being routed to junk/spam.

there’s obviously ways around this, using my email directly but this is affecting the convenience and privacy of Sign In with Apple.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 10:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 11:01 AM

Hello helpme931,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Since you already have custom domains for your email, you can set them up in the iCloud Mail. Per the Apple Support article: Set up a custom email domain with iCloud Mail on iPhone

Add a custom email domain to iCloud Mail

You can add a custom email domain you already own to iCloud. If you already have email addresses at that domain, you can configure them during setup. If you don’t, you can create email addresses after you add the domain to iCloud.

Note: You need to have a primary iCloud Mail address before you can add a custom email domain on iPhone. See Create a primary email address for iCloud Mail in the iCloud User Guide.

1. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Mail, then make sure iCloud Mail is turned on.
  2. Tap Custom Email Domain.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions, or tap Add Domain.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up your domain.
  5. After you set up your domain, follow the onscreen instructions to log in to the registrar you purchased the domain from, then tap Connect to verify your domain. This usually takes a few minutes, but could take up to 24 hours.
  6. Some registrars require you to change DNS records to set up your domain. See the Apple Support article Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail.

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2022 11:01 AM in response to helpme931

Hello helpme931,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Since you already have custom domains for your email, you can set them up in the iCloud Mail. Per the Apple Support article: Set up a custom email domain with iCloud Mail on iPhone

Add a custom email domain to iCloud Mail

You can add a custom email domain you already own to iCloud. If you already have email addresses at that domain, you can configure them during setup. If you don’t, you can create email addresses after you add the domain to iCloud.

Note: You need to have a primary iCloud Mail address before you can add a custom email domain on iPhone. See Create a primary email address for iCloud Mail in the iCloud User Guide.

1. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Mail, then make sure iCloud Mail is turned on.
  2. Tap Custom Email Domain.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions, or tap Add Domain.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up your domain.
  5. After you set up your domain, follow the onscreen instructions to log in to the registrar you purchased the domain from, then tap Connect to verify your domain. This usually takes a few minutes, but could take up to 24 hours.
  6. Some registrars require you to change DNS records to set up your domain. See the Apple Support article Set up an existing domain with iCloud Mail.

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Private relay not forwarding emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.