Private Relay Email not Forwarding my Emails

I used apple to sign up to a couple apps I use on my phone. I recently realized that it automatically adds a private relay email for each app that is supposed to forward all mail I get from these apps to my main email linked to my icloud. I checked and I have not been receiving any of these emails.

I need to confirm my email to verify my account on one of these apps I used apple to sign up with, but the private relay isn't forwarding my emails so I'm not able to. I can't change my email on the app until the account is verified through the email which I'm not receiving. I've tried to troubleshoot it but have been unable to find a solution. If anyone knows what I can do or how I can fix this that would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2023 2:49 PM

Yes, but the "hide my email" email is also @privaterelay.appleid.com, which is why I referred to it as that. Regardless, I have checked to see what is going on with it, and even though the "forward to" option is on for hide my email, it doesn't forward my emails to the email it should be forwarding it to. Is there any way to trouble shoot this? I have seen other people post about the same problem and there doesn't seem to be a solution.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2023 2:49 PM in response to LD150

Yes, but the "hide my email" email is also @privaterelay.appleid.com, which is why I referred to it as that. Regardless, I have checked to see what is going on with it, and even though the "forward to" option is on for hide my email, it doesn't forward my emails to the email it should be forwarding it to. Is there any way to trouble shoot this? I have seen other people post about the same problem and there doesn't seem to be a solution.

Jul 23, 2023 3:06 PM in response to LD150

I'm assuming it's because I signed in with apple before I had a icloud email set up, so it automatically set the forwarding to my gmail. But for some reason I don't receive any of the forwarded emails. I have also tried creating an icloud email and set it to forward to icloud but it still doesn't forward any of the app emails so I'm just stuck, not sure what to do

Jul 23, 2023 3:45 PM in response to shaayan

shaayan wrote:

I'm assuming it's because I signed in with apple before I had a icloud email set up, so it automatically set the forwarding to my gmail. But for some reason I don't receive any of the forwarded emails. I have also tried creating an icloud email and set it to forward to icloud but it still doesn't forward any of the app emails so I'm just stuck, not sure what to do

My apple ID address is outlook.com not icloud

I would conact apple support if nobody else responds

Private Relay Email not Forwarding my Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.