Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard power issue

I have a magic keyboard on the latest version of iMac. If I look at the bluetooth icon at the top of the screen, the keyboard is not connected by bluetooth... I assume this is because I have a charging cable to the keyboard. But, same condition I look at bluetooth in the settings and low and behold it is connected to my bluetooth. Also, the power switch on top of the keyboard when turned off actually engages the Bluetooth connection at the top of the screen. Otherwise the switch is like one of those light switches we all have or have had that does nothing when flipped. Is that actually a power switch or some type of bluetooth switch, or, on the paranoid side, is by keyboard function being controlled by........aliens. To put it mildly. Thanks for any advice and I did read the instructions on the original set up, but thought this was one I'd throw out there to see what floated back.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2022 6:44 PM

Sadly the newest Keyboards Apple has, does not have user accessible batteries. If they are able to be charged via the Lightning cable that come with it, the Bluetooth does not have to be connected. That's just what it will connect by when the lightning cable is not attached.

3 replies

Jul 5, 2022 10:11 PM in response to a brody

Thanks Brody…I figured it out. Simple thing. I didn’t have the switch quite clicked off is all I can think. I switched it again and it did turn off. I believe everything is working as promised. Thanks for answering a dumb question for me. I do appreciate your patience and effort. I think the mystery is solved. Lol

thanks

Magic Keyboard power issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.