Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the price to repair a bent iPad?

my ipad has bent due to overheating, and i’m unable to find the price of repair? does anyone know roughly how much this costs

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 1:05 PM

Apple generally charge a flat-rate for iPad repair/exchange - the cost being c.60% of the “as new” cost of the iPad.

Actual costs, by i{ad model, are listed here:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

5 replies

Jul 5, 2022 9:52 AM in response to katierose767

Apple doesn't do "repairs" for anything on iPads. They do complete replacements at a fixed price - either a "battery only" price if everything is in good shape except that the battery is depleted, or an "other repair" price for anything else. Then the exchanged device will go out and they'll reuse whatever parts they can. Obviously a "battery only" repair would likely only need a new battery, although they might insert it in a new case.

If it's an older device, it's often not worth the price that's charged by Apple.

Jul 5, 2022 1:00 PM in response to katierose767

katierose767 wrote:
i have ipad air model i had it about 2 years, do u have any idea how muxh it would be

The prices (in the United States) are in the link provided earlier. If it's an iPad Air 3rd gen (that was the current model about 2 years ago) then that's $379 plus tax in the United States.

I remember bringing in my iPad mini 4 to ask about a battery service. Because it had a slight bend, they said it wasn't eligible for the battery service, but would be eligible for the full replacement. So you probably won't be able to bring it in for the battery service, since I know they always check to see if it's cosmetically good. I declined since the price was actually what I paid for it. However, once an iPad bends, crazy things can happen. Mine has weird backlight issues, display freakouts, disconnecting Wi-Fi (requires restart), etc. Now the glass has popped out from the case in a corner.

What is the price to repair a bent iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.