Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook screen turns black when fully open the screen

So my MacBook Pro 2019 screen turns black when I open the screen fully or like 90 degrees. when the screen is half open it works like it should but when I am opening it more the screen turns black but the computer is stil on and the thuchbar stil works

Do anyone know what to do with this problem

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 12:40 PM

I doubt that can be fixed at home. I recommend you have Apple evaluate.

The classic cause of that type of failure is a worn or otherwise damaged display cable running between the logic board and the display. On all Retina Macbook Pros, the display is a sealed one-piece assembly that includes the display panel, protective glass, and cable. You cannot replace just the cable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2022 12:40 PM in response to Olli09

I doubt that can be fixed at home. I recommend you have Apple evaluate.

The classic cause of that type of failure is a worn or otherwise damaged display cable running between the logic board and the display. On all Retina Macbook Pros, the display is a sealed one-piece assembly that includes the display panel, protective glass, and cable. You cannot replace just the cable.

MacBook screen turns black when fully open the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.