Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten Password and Apple ID

I created a new icloud account for my new McAir, wrote it in a piece of paper which was lost. There's no way I can log in since I cannot remember my desktop password as well as my icloud account. How can I reset my McBook Air so I can create a new password?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 5, 2022 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 8:18 AM

For the computer login password, see if anything here helps.

User Password Reset.   -

User Password Reset (2).  -  

User Password Reset – Apple ID.  -

Reset user password - M1 chip computer

If you can't reset your Mac login password   *

For the Apple ID (iCloud), see if you can recover the ID/password. An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  

Apple ID - Find  -     

Other ways to find your Apple ID

You can check to see if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or check to see if you're signed in to iTunes for Windows on a PC. You can also go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if your Apple ID prefills on the sign-in screen.   

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2022 8:18 AM in response to Rain_bow-

For the computer login password, see if anything here helps.

User Password Reset.   -

User Password Reset (2).  -  

User Password Reset – Apple ID.  -

Reset user password - M1 chip computer

If you can't reset your Mac login password   *

For the Apple ID (iCloud), see if you can recover the ID/password. An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  

Apple ID - Find  -     

Other ways to find your Apple ID

You can check to see if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, or check to see if you're signed in to iTunes for Windows on a PC. You can also go to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com and see if your Apple ID prefills on the sign-in screen.   

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Forgotten Password and Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.