Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy notifications do not work on my iPhone

I have surfed the forums and cannot find the problem. Ask to Buy is turned on and working for my children but I only get the notifications on my MacBook which is pretty useless when I'm not sitting at my desk. They don't show up on my iPhone. I have notifications for App Store turned on for the iPhone. It simply doesn't give me the message. Please help.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2022 4:59 AM

Please read this support page to learn how to approve Ask to Buy requests: Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support.

If Ask to Buy isn't working as intended, please read this support page: If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support.

I hope this solves your problem!

5 replies

Jul 12, 2022 12:17 PM in response to pjswiz

It does not work. I know how to approve it if I get a notification. The support page does not help fix my issue. I am not getting the "Ask to Buy" notifications at all on my iPhone. My family settings are set as per the support page. Any other ideas? As I have said, I have surfed the forums and already tried the basic stuff above. I have turned off the "Ask to Buy" service for my kids and turned it back on and still does not work.

Jul 14, 2022 1:29 PM in response to pjswiz

Ok, I finally got an answer from Apple support so for anyone also having challenges with this, here is the solution. I had to change the name of the phone. Apparently, that refreshes the servers and kickstarts the notifications. Not sure why it was only affecting "Ask to Buy" and not other notifications, however, it seemed to do the trick. Thanks to Christine from Apple Support who found this when two others failed. Hope this helps others.

Ask to buy notifications do not work on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.