Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 7 error 4013 apple wants almost 300 dollars to fix it. I say take the 300 and buy 2or 3 android tablets and throw to apple ipad away It cost a little more new

iPad 7 4013 error, my question is how, ipad or itunes, used 5 different cables and 3 different computers, The ipad has been pampered, in a case kept clean, the fixes apple offers is in my opinion a round about way of saying buy a new one. Crooked programs say they can fix it for 20 to 50 dollars. Apple said about 300 dollars. You can buy a new one for that. And reading reviews these programs are scams. Im sure someone will have a method that may or may not work. Luckily I`m retired so I'll take it apart to see what makes it tick before I put that much money in it.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 7, 2022 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

10 replies

Jul 8, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Rondb1

Rondb1 wrote:

I`m not talking about tearing into it just getting it restored by itunes, you know a work around or something but I have replaced batteries in Ipods 5 or 6 times

The last sentence of your original post sounded like you were going to hence my concern: 'Luckily I`m retired so I'll take it apart to see what makes it tick before I put that much money in it.'

Jul 8, 2022 11:07 AM in response to Rondb1

Apple has reduced iPad repair to complete replacements at two price points - battery (if everything else if fine) or "other" (something other than the battery has an issue. And of course in warranty. I personally didn't bother spending the $299 that Apple wanted to replace my iPad mini 4, since that was the price I paid for it with a full warranty, Lightning cable, and power adapter.

There are always options. I have seen iPads that have been repaired individually. The quality of the work can vary. However, at a certain point the return on investment to repair stops making sense because a newer device may be less expensive, more powerful, and more compatible. But I don't regret the decision to get an iPad.

ipad 7 error 4013 apple wants almost 300 dollars to fix it. I say take the 300 and buy 2or 3 android tablets and throw to apple ipad away It cost a little more new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.