Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 battery drain and battery health issue

I purchased iPhone 12 128gb last year on 18 October 2021, my current battery health is 89% and I am facing these following issues :-

1) Now after 8-9 month my iphone 12 battery is draining very fast. In just 5-6 minutes of normal social media scrolling like Instagram and Facebook leads to 2-4% battery drop and in 10 minutes of usage it lead to 6-8% battery drain which I think it's normal because social media scrolling not drain this much battery.

2) One major issue that I am facing right now is camera battery drain issue. 5 minutes of using camera lead toh 4-5% battery drain. Just 1-2 minute of camera usage lead toh 1% battery drain and when I use it for 10 minutes battery drained is 9-10%. Usually now my battery drain by 1% when I am using camera for 1-2minutes.

3) Let's talk about battery charging! Usually I charge at night, and my battery don't get down from 30%. I charge upto 95%-97%.

4) Now lets talk about screen time. I use my phone for 3-4hours. To check my battery I did one test. One day I used my phone for 4hrs in which I didn't played game and didn't used camera also in just 4hr. my battery came to 45% from 96%. I think my battery draining is very quick. Then I did one more test to check more , in this test I used my phone just for 1hr 35min and then also I drained 30-35% battery, I noticed when my phone screen was off I mean when I was not using my phone then also my battery was draining by 3-5% in 1hr. Let's talk about gaming I usually play PUBG , 36-44% battery is drained when I play game for 1hour only. So it's also a serious issue! And while watching YouTube video for 1 hour 18-25% battery is drained. This is also not a good sign.

5) My battery health was 93% three months ago but after updating to iOS 15.5 my battery health dropped very fast. I have given the dates of battery health drop!

May 12 / 92%

May 24 / 91%

May 30 / 90%

June 18 / 89%

Now the battery health didn't decreased, it's been 20days since by battery health is not decreased from 89%, and this is why now for saving battery health I have 4 reduced my screen time toh 2hours-2.5hours which was earlier 5-6hours.

I hope now you are aware of my phone issues. My phone is in warranty so I can go to Apple Service Centre and can replace my battery also. What you think should I go to service centre.

This is it! Thanks for reading this whole issue! If you have any advice and wants to say something then please reply to my comment!

IMPORTANT POINT :-

This all issues I started facing when I updated my iPhone to iOS 15.5 !

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2022 12:13 PM

Hello Anurag1809, You say you charge at night. To slow down battery aging do you use Optimized Battery Charging? Settings > Battery > Optimized Battery Charging. It might help. I’ve had my iPhone 13 Pro Max for almost 9 months and still have 100% battery strengh.

Similar questions

2 replies

iPhone 12 battery drain and battery health issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.