Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All the folders on my MacBook Pro just disappeared without warning

All the folders on my MACBOOK just disappeared without warning. Please, how can I restore them? Thanks for your help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 6:07 AM

6 replies

Jul 9, 2022 2:59 PM in response to wondersAB

Go to the Finder/Sidebar preference pane and see if iCloud Drive is checked.

If not check it. Next open a new Finder window, click on iCloud Drive in the Sidebar and see if there's a Documents and Desktop folder shown. See if your missing folders are in them.

NOTE: sometimes during an update the iCloud Drive gets enabled along with the Documents and Desktop folders to be on it.

Jul 9, 2022 11:46 AM in response to wondersAB

I am sorry to tell you that iCloud is not a backup app. It was created by Apple to provide for cross platform sharing. It mirrors what you have on your computer. Backup is done by the Time Machine app or another such as Carbon Copy cloner to an external device.

The next step is to try restarting in the Safe Mode and see if they are restored. If they are , then I strongly recommend that you immediately get an external disk and do an immediate backup. Otherwise, critical data can be forever lost.

All the folders on my MacBook Pro just disappeared without warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.