Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software upgrade for iPhone to connect to iMac

I get the window saying I need to update my software in order to have my iPhone (or iPad) connect to the iMac when I plug it in to the USB port. When I click INSTALL it says it is downloading but the progress bar never moves and it never completes. How to I get this update installed if this path doesn't work. Running 11.6.7

Thanks,

Doug

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 3:22 PM

Try boot the computer in safe mode Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

And see if the problem persists. Most of the time these kind of downloads will download when excecuted in safe mode

1 reply

Software upgrade for iPhone to connect to iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.