Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find original email

How do I find the original email that I received, it is addressed 'to' me, 'from 'me, 'reply' to me, but the message is legitimate from a legitimate company that I talked to earlier, I moved it to my Drafts, (using my iPhone) and when I want to reply to it from drafts it doesn't appear the way it was in my Incoming mailbox. the date shows when I opened it from Drafts not when it came in yesterday. And there is no way to reply to it. is there a way I can find the original email when I close out it the next time I open it is the time I opened it today not when I received it yesterday? I tried also on my MacBook Pro 'mail' and I also tried by opening my mail on Safari. Same situation.

I am not sure if the original came with a date, etc.? I know it sounds odd. But is there a way I can get the email as I received it in my inbox? Or am I going lampy? Appreciate it if someone can help me, please?

Any will be appreciated. Thank you.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 9, 2022 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 3:12 PM

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities dublinmariainmahspee,

If Mail is setup to display messages in a thread, messages you reply to will appear in the same thread as the original message.

This can be disabled by tapping Go to Settings > Mail, then turn off Organize by Thread (below Threading).

The following page provides additional information that may be helpful: Check your email in Mail on iPhone

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2022 3:12 PM in response to dublinmariainmahspee

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities dublinmariainmahspee,

If Mail is setup to display messages in a thread, messages you reply to will appear in the same thread as the original message.

This can be disabled by tapping Go to Settings > Mail, then turn off Organize by Thread (below Threading).

The following page provides additional information that may be helpful: Check your email in Mail on iPhone

Cheers!

Find original email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.