Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Stand Notifications

My Apple Watch (series 7) isn't providing stand notifications every single hour. It reminds me rather intermittently and randomly.

Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jul 10, 2022 1:42 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 10, 2022 1:50 AM in response to Nat Harari

Hey! That’s actually how the watch is supposed to work. Check out this answer: Want to customize my standing reminders - Apple Community You can also check your progress in the Activity app or the Health app: Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

You might be able to make a Shortcut that pings you every hour even if you’ve met the stand goal for that hour.

Jul 10, 2022 2:08 AM in response to Community User

Thanks for replying.

Perhaps I was not clear, and I apologize for that: It does not remind me to stand every hour. I can be sitting and working for 3 or 4 hours and not receive a single ping to remind me to stand. At all. Then, sometimes it does remind me every hour. It's random and intermittent.

I am not complaining that it does not count my standing time, merely that it does not remind me on a regular basis.

Jul 10, 2022 2:15 AM in response to Nat Harari

Is the watch snug on your wrist?.

Are you wearing the watch on top of any tattoos?.

Try turning stand reminders off and then on again;

Watch app;

Activity/stand reminders

Also try this;

Jul 10, 2022 2:26 AM in response to Community User

>Is the watch snug on your wrist?.

It is very snug, I assure you.

>Are you wearing the watch on top of any tattoos?.

I do not have any tattoos.

>Try turning stand reminders off and then on again;

>Watch app;

I have already done this.

>Activity/stand reminders

>Also try this;

I will try this and thank you in advance in case it works. I will have to wait a little while before I get a new stand reminder, however as it's not currently even half past the hour.

Jul 10, 2022 8:18 AM in response to Nat Harari

Does it miss giving your credit for standing on any of those hours it does not remind you.

In reality all the Apple Watch cares about is whether or not you have moved your Apple Watch arm in a motion where it thinks you are swinging your arms while walking. It does not actually know if you are vertical, standing on your head, or laying down or sitting. People that knit get tremendous step counts just working the knitting needles.

If you are getting stand credits but you still want to stand every hour, then get an iPhone app such as "Alarmed" from Yoctoville software, and setup a repeating alarm that tells you to stand. It will not care if you have waved your arm or not, it will just alert you at a specific time.

Alarmed alerts will appear on your Apple Watch.

You would set up the stand reminder to go off every hour with a "DayMinder" event, and because you know you will ignore the first few, you can set a Nag-Me for each DayMinder even so it will repeat until you dismiss it.

I find "Alarmed" to be a very versatile alarm app for everyday use. Far more useful to me than a Calendar or the Apple Reminders for repeating events. It also has a nice set of timers, which you can customize, and you can Geolocation alerts, so if you want to remember to pickup some milk on the way home, you can place a Geolocation alert around the grocery store you pass on your way home.

Jul 10, 2022 8:54 AM in response to BobHarris

Thanks. It's actually not a big deal, tbh. I use reminders for everything btw, with tags and smart lists for daily actions, weekly actions, monthly actions, etc...so I could easily just add an alarm for it in there. But since I reset the watch, it seems to work better.

I'm going to see tomorrow how it does with the reminders so far. But it has picked up since I reset it.

Apple Watch Stand Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.