Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The ONLY part of my iPhone I back up to iCloud its my CONTACTS. Why then do 176 contacts take up over 4 GB of space in iCloud?

The ONLY part of my iPhone I back up to iCloud its my CONTACTS. Why then do 176 contacts take up over 4 GB of space in iCloud?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 1:38 PM

Sorry for being unclear about that.

Did you check the graph on your iPhone, to see what exactly is using the storage space in iCloud?

Check your iCloud storage on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. The bar graph shows your overall storage usage.
  3. Tap Manage Storage for more details.
  4. Below the graph, you see a list of apps and features and how much iCloud storage they use. The apps and features that use the most storage are at the top of the list. You can tap an app or feature for more information.

copied from: Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 1:38 PM in response to jeflemingjr

Sorry for being unclear about that.

Did you check the graph on your iPhone, to see what exactly is using the storage space in iCloud?

Check your iCloud storage on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. The bar graph shows your overall storage usage.
  3. Tap Manage Storage for more details.
  4. Below the graph, you see a list of apps and features and how much iCloud storage they use. The apps and features that use the most storage are at the top of the list. You can tap an app or feature for more information.

copied from: Check your iCloud storage online or on any device - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.