Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card question for my new iPad

I have a new Ipad that came without a SIM card. This idiot has no clue. What do I need to look for in SIM cards. AT&T, Verizon and all of the phone companies offer them. Pease give me some advice. What to look or look out for. Will I need to change it if I go overseas?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 4:11 PM

If you have a WiFi+Cellular model iPad - and wish to provision Cellular service using a physical SIM card - you will need to obtain a DataSIM suitable for iPad from your chosen Cellular provider. Be aware that many cellular providers also facilitate provisioning using the built-in eSIM.

If you plan to visit overseas, you may wish to consider “roaming” - for which additional charges are usually levied. Alternatively, you might instead use a local DataSIM, or use Apple’s carrier partners for short-term (if potentially expensive) cellular access.

More information can be found here:

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 4:11 PM in response to JimSorensen

If you have a WiFi+Cellular model iPad - and wish to provision Cellular service using a physical SIM card - you will need to obtain a DataSIM suitable for iPad from your chosen Cellular provider. Be aware that many cellular providers also facilitate provisioning using the built-in eSIM.

If you plan to visit overseas, you may wish to consider “roaming” - for which additional charges are usually levied. Alternatively, you might instead use a local DataSIM, or use Apple’s carrier partners for short-term (if potentially expensive) cellular access.

More information can be found here:

SIM card question for my new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.