Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

export edited raw files from a macbook pro to an SD card

How do I export edited raw files from the Macbook Pro Photos app to an SD card which is inserted in the computer?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 5:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2022 11:32 PM

You can't export an "edited" raw file. There's no such thing. A Raw is a sensor dump from the camera. Once you process (or edit) it then it must be saved in an image format - Jpeg, tif, png. I've no idea what you refer to when you speak of Apple's "proprietary raw format". If you want to export for further editing choose tiff. It gives you the most data to work with.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2022 11:32 PM in response to itunesisdrivingmebats

You can't export an "edited" raw file. There's no such thing. A Raw is a sensor dump from the camera. Once you process (or edit) it then it must be saved in an image format - Jpeg, tif, png. I've no idea what you refer to when you speak of Apple's "proprietary raw format". If you want to export for further editing choose tiff. It gives you the most data to work with.

Jul 12, 2022 11:01 PM in response to Keith Barkley

Yes, I want to keep them in the original RAW format. I want to be able to further edit them on a Windows machine. I edited the date on the Apple machine because one of my cameras went back 3 years. The Windows machine can't edit dates properly, but my Photoshop program is on that machine. The Apple machine can edit dates (I think). I won't actually know if the edit "stuck" until I can get the photos back onto the Windows machine, via an SD card. I tried transferring them via sharing between the computers, but that would have taken days- the Apple machine is quite old. I will buy a new (refurbished) Apple machine just for this purpose if this works. I am losing hope that it will work, though. My research shows that Apple will only allow the exporting of its proprietary RAW format, which of course my Nikon does not create.

export edited raw files from a macbook pro to an SD card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.