Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac M1 Monterrey and Moto G100 w/ Android does not transfer pictures

With my Mac M1 and Moto G100 running Android 12, I plug into the Mac with factory cable. On the Android, I enter Photo and Video Transfer (USB connect mode prompt) to let the device appear within Photos. The Moto g(100) appears, it then gives me the option to "Open Photos for this device", and I checked the box!!!! But. It just sits there. Nothing works, clicks, reboots, etc.

It recognizes the phone, as you can click Open Photos option and the device is fully present within the Photos navigation bar. But, nothing happens. What gives?

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 7:18 AM

When you connect the Moto G100 to the Mac via USB cable, does the Moto prompt you for a Data mode of connection to make it just mount on the Mac's Desktop like a drive. If that works, you may be able to use Apple's Image Capture with the G100 to transfer pictures to the Mac, where Image Capture will use the internal EXIF DateTimeOriginal timestamp for the Finder's image creation date. If you just drag and drop the images, then the Finder will ask the operating system to stamp them with the current date/time.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 7:18 AM in response to steve from new carlisle

When you connect the Moto G100 to the Mac via USB cable, does the Moto prompt you for a Data mode of connection to make it just mount on the Mac's Desktop like a drive. If that works, you may be able to use Apple's Image Capture with the G100 to transfer pictures to the Mac, where Image Capture will use the internal EXIF DateTimeOriginal timestamp for the Finder's image creation date. If you just drag and drop the images, then the Finder will ask the operating system to stamp them with the current date/time.

Jul 14, 2022 5:54 AM in response to steve from new carlisle

steve from new carlisle wrote:

Apple Photos needs to play better with other IT - it is as simple as that. The old days of protected walls masquerading as security are over. Collaboration is key.

Apple is a walled garden and they haven't received the memo from the 1990s about interoperability and collaboration. As long as they are a trillion dollar enterprise, they probably won't be motivated to change what they perceive is working well for them.

Your using Android, even though a personal choice, introduces ramifications about interaction with Apple software products designed to interoperate with iOS/iPadOS, and other Macs.

Jul 14, 2022 6:06 AM in response to VikingOSX

Sears - America's Department store for more than 100 years - gone. Motorola, the inventor of the cellular phone - Gone as we know it, with the Chinese holding its remnants. Kodak, Polaroid, gone, gone. All prestigious, powerful, successful American companies. Now they are irrelevant. If you don't manage according to market needs in the present and in the future, you will certainly become a Sears, Moto, or Kodak.

Mac M1 Monterrey and Moto G100 w/ Android does not transfer pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.