Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No wifi/internet connection

I can connect to my home wifi witout a problem. But when outside or the street or anywhere around town, my iPhone will not connect to any public wifi/internet. Someone suggested the problem was likely VPN, but when I check, it is always turned off. Any suggestions?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 1:33 PM

Regarding VPN, if you have a VPN app installed on your phone, even if it is off, it can interfere with connections, both Wi-Fi and cellular. If you never installed a VPN app and profile this is not an issue, but if you did try deleting both the app and the profile.

To connect to a public Wi-Fi you usually have to log in through a web page. This article discusses how that works→Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2022 1:33 PM in response to rukwir2

Regarding VPN, if you have a VPN app installed on your phone, even if it is off, it can interfere with connections, both Wi-Fi and cellular. If you never installed a VPN app and profile this is not an issue, but if you did try deleting both the app and the profile.

To connect to a public Wi-Fi you usually have to log in through a web page. This article discusses how that works→Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

No wifi/internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.