Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There’s no CarPlay anywhere on my phone, not even in General Settings

I do not have car play on my phone. Cannot find the App for my phone. I have a 2022 Corolla Hybrid and cannot connect to the car because I cannot find CarPlay in General settings

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 13, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 2:42 PM

Thank You all for the response.

I was able with the help of my phone carrier service to solve the problem. In my settings from screen time onward etc,, the CarPlay App was oddly turned off from the latest update. Once it was turned back on I was able to connect both CarPlay and my IPhone successfully!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2022 2:42 PM in response to ResortCasual

Thank You all for the response.

I was able with the help of my phone carrier service to solve the problem. In my settings from screen time onward etc,, the CarPlay App was oddly turned off from the latest update. Once it was turned back on I was able to connect both CarPlay and my IPhone successfully!

Jul 14, 2022 11:08 AM in response to katsgig

There is no app for CarPlay specifically. But there are CarPlay compatible apps (like Google Maps and Audible to name two 3rd party ones) as well as Apple Maps, Messenger, etc. that are already part of your iPhone.

When you plug a compatible phone into a car that supports Carplay, it should just work (after maybe acknowledging some messaging on either your iPhone or the screen in your vehicle.

There is Settings > General > CarPlay section in settings

Here is some more information about connecting your iPhone to your car - Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

There’s no CarPlay anywhere on my phone, not even in General Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.