Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Swim app units of measure display

I use the Activity/Swim app on my Apple watch. Recently, the units of measure switched from Yards to Calories. I want to switch back to yards. Any suggestions?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Jul 14, 2022 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 10:21 AM

Hi mikeeob,

If you'd like to change the units of measure for your Apple Watch swimming workouts, these steps might help. 

Change measurement units
If you prefer meters to yards or kilojoules to calories, you can change the measurement units the Workout app uses.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap Workout, scroll down, then tap Units of Measure.
You can change units for energy, pool length, cycling workouts, and walking and running workouts.

The information above is from Adjust the workout settings on Apple Watch

If the issue continues, let the community know what steps you had a chance to try from the link above.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 10:21 AM in response to mikeeob

Hi mikeeob,

If you'd like to change the units of measure for your Apple Watch swimming workouts, these steps might help. 

Change measurement units
If you prefer meters to yards or kilojoules to calories, you can change the measurement units the Workout app uses.
1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap Workout, scroll down, then tap Units of Measure.
You can change units for energy, pool length, cycling workouts, and walking and running workouts.

The information above is from Adjust the workout settings on Apple Watch

If the issue continues, let the community know what steps you had a chance to try from the link above.

We hope that helps with your question and take care!

Swim app units of measure display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.