Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID works sometimes and sometimes not

I have an iPhone 13 mini and the following problem is that FaceID works for some time and then it does not work like for a day. And this happened to me not already 5 times in the past week.

I tried resetting FaceID and resetting my phone and nothing seems to work.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 12:00 PM

Motaln wrote:

I have an iPhone 13 mini and the following problem is that FaceID works for some time and then it does not work like for a day. And this happened to me not already 5 times in the past week.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2022 12:00 PM in response to Motaln

Motaln wrote:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

Face ID works sometimes and sometimes not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.