Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get rid of Bookmarks on Safari screen

Suddenly the list of Bookmarks is taking up a third of my screen in Safari. How do I get rid of it?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 11:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 2:53 PM

Thank you so much for hanging in here for me! I figured it out! Not even difficult. To the left of the website address, there's a little book - it's dark blue. I clicked on it - it went away, now book is white and the offending bar is gone!

6 replies

Jul 15, 2022 2:46 PM in response to MHBusername

I was trying out some things with my iPad. With the bookmarks out, there should be a back button in the bookmark list. press that and do it again until you see the rectangle with the two little squares in it. Pressing that should close the bookmarks.

The other two options are going to be A. quit Safari (not just going back to the home screen) and/or B. Restart the iPad

There's an option to switch between desktop and mobile versions of web pages, but that shouldn't affect the bookmarks showing up.

Get rid of Bookmarks on Safari screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.